|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Sarri uses Napoli formula to ignite Chelsea's title bid
- Real Madrid far behind top European clubs in women's soccer
- Ronaldo and Icardi have off days as Juventus matches record
- Champions League: Crunch time for PSG, Napoli and Liverpool
- Argentine fans celebrate River Plate's title at home
- Colombians have key impact on Copa Libertadores final
- Copa Libertadores saga ends as River Plate wins in Madrid
- Ibrahimovic to stay with LA Galaxy, AC Milan's Leonardo says
- Cutrone misses easy chance as Milan held by Torino
- Man City's Raheem Sterling says media coverage fuels racism
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018