|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Athletic keeps momentum, beats Huesca 1-0 in Spanish league
- Man United defeats Chelsea, advances to FA Cup quarterfinals
- Pro Piacenza kicked out of Serie C after 20-0 loss
- Dortmund sees league lead shrink after 3rd consecutive draw
- Roma far from convincing in 2-1 win over Bologna in Serie A
- Apollon awarded win by Cyprus FA due to ineligible player
- EFL fines Leeds after Bielsa admits to spying on training
- Dortmund's Pulisic out with thigh injury from Tottenham loss
- Ex-Man United winger Nani joins Orlando City of MLS
- To take on Ronaldo, Atletico could unleash attacking trio
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018