|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- The Latest: Blatter says Paris meeting swayed vote for Qatar
- Argentina again facing early elimination at Copa America
- Swiss attorney general recused from FIFA investigation
- Former France soccer great arrested in 2022 World Cup probe
- Borussia Dortmund coach Lucien Favre extends contract
- FIFA says wrong to stop Iran activists in World Cup stadiums
- Chile begins Copa America title defense with win over Japan
- For US men, Gold Cup finally brings chance for revival
- Norway knocks South Korea out of World Cup with 2-1 victory
- Brazil not eager to advance by settling for a draw
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018