Prized Jamaican big man Kofi Cockburn signs with Illinois
- Ex-Auburn assistant avoids jail time
- Payments from settlement set to begin
- Seton Hall hires alumnus Felt as AD
- UNC transfer Woods happy at S. Carolina
- Florida lands ex-Cleveland St. G Appleby
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) Illinois has signed prized big man Kofi Cockburn to a national letter of intent.
The Fighting Illini announced Wednesday the addition of the 7-foot, 290-pounder from Kingston, Jamaica - the highest rated post player to join the program since Meyers Leonard in 2010.
Cockburn averaged 14.8 points and 10.1 rebounds last season for prep powerhouse Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. He moved from Jamaica to New York for high school and attended Christ the King before transferring to Oak Hill for the 2018-19 season.
More AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated April 24, 2019